50 Jokes to Display on Your Digital Signage
Have you seen internet memes where businesses have signs with jokes on them?
They are becoming popular with their cheesy dad jokes and on-the-nose puns. These businesses are using humor as their marketing strategy. Studies have shown that 91% of people prefer brands that are funny.
Jokes are great for providing customers with a calm environment. They also bolster workplace morale and are fun.
If you are looking to add a little humor to your digital signage to increase your brand’s likeability, check out these 50 jokes we have compiled.
Why Use Jokes for Your Digital Signage?
There are many reasons to use jokes in your digital signage. No matter what your business is, a sense of humor can lighten the mood and make people more comfortable with your brand.
The main reasons you may want to add jokes to your digital signage are that you can use them to convey important information in a fun way. You can help put customers at ease in a stressful situation. Jokes are also great for workplace morale and just for fun!
Jokes are also great for putting your clients at ease before a procedure. For example, below is a joke about fillings, if a client comes to a dentist's office to get a filling the joke could help ease their nervousness.
You can also theme your jokes around holidays to keep them relevant. The Dracula joke below would work great for your Halloween digital signage.
Just for Fun
Not all of your jokes have to be related to the information you are conveying to your clients. You can also just have a joke for the sake of fun.
If you are looking for some funny jokes to display on your digital signs in a bowling alley, event space, or movie theater, there are some laugh-out-loud good ones for you to choose from. These jokes will get your customers in a great mood and ready to have fun at your business.
A bowling alley can use puns to its advantage. Some of the funniest jokes are the most obvious ones. Jokes about balls, pins, and strikes would be perfect for your digital sign.
Live performance theaters can get in on the action, too. Jokes on digital signs for these entertainment facilities can get customers pumped up for upcoming productions. Funny jokes can be a prelude to a comedy production.
They also work great for social media posts linking back to your business. Many digital signs can link directly to your social media platforms to even get people online involved in the humor.
You can also have jokes on digital signs for events like concerts and charity drives to get people ready for the event.
Movie theaters can get in on the action, too. Not only can movie theaters take advantage of puns, but they can also use movie memes in their digital signs.
If you are in the movie business, you can use titles and characters to help you build some really funny jokes.
Bolster Workplace Morale
Your marketing campaign isn’t the only place you can use jokes on digital signage. Digital signs are also great for the office. Workplace culture is incredibly important.
A positive workplace environment attracts better employees, retains talented people, and increases productivity. These elements combined create a better customer experience.
The truth is that only 2 in 10 US employees feel connected to their company’s culture. You can boost your employee’s morale with a few good-humored jokes. Jokes are just one step to team building and helping employees feel more comfortable in their workplace.
The Best Jokes for Your Digital Signage
The most common templates for jokes are puns, one-liners, knock-knock jokes, question-answer jokes, and riddles. The format of these jokes is very familiar. Whether this is the first time you have decided to add jokes to your sign or this is a recurring theme for your business, there are so many to choose from.
Here is a list of 50 jokes to add a sense of humor to your digital signage. These jokes will have your customers giggling to themselves or openly roaring with laughter. These jokes are broken into categories to help you navigate the best punchlines for your digital message that will make people laugh every time.
Question-Answer Jokes, One-Liners, and Knock, Knock Jokes
If you use the question-answer formatted jokes, you can put the question on one slide and the answer on the next.
This gives your customers a chance to figure out the answer on their own. It also has them paying attention to not only one but two visuals on your digital sign.
One-liners are quick and easy to add to any digital message. They take up little space. Knock-knock jokes are better for a larger space on a digital sign.
They also take a little more time to read, so you may want to use them in waiting rooms or other places where your customers have more time to read your sign.
1. Did you know that a day on the planet Mercury last 1,407.5 hours? That’s like one Monday!
2. What day of the week is an egg’s least favorite? Fry-day
3. Why are chemists great at solving problems? They have all the solutions.
4. Why don’t scientists trust atoms? They make up everything.
5. How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb? None. It's a hardware problem.
6. What days are the strongest? Saturday and Sunday, the rest are weak days.
7. What did the boat say when he was not feeling well? I need to go to the dock!”
8. What did the tooth say to the dentist as she was leaving? Fill me in when you get back.
9. What does a dentist call his X-rays? Tooth-pics
10. Did you hear the one about the germ? Never mind, I don’t want to spread it around.
11. Why did Dracula go to the doctor? He couldn’t stop coffin!
12. What do you call a doctor who fixes websites? A URL-ologist
13. What did the doctor say to the rocket ship? Time to get your booster shot!
14. What did the banana say to the doctor? I don’t peel good.
15. What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador
16. What do a bowler and a Thanksgiving guest have in common? They both want a turkey.
17. What did one romantic pin say to the other? Let’s never split.
18. What did the thief steal on the theater’s opening night? The spotlight
19. How does NASA organize a party? They planet.
20. What do you call a can opener that doesn’t work? A can’t opener.
21. What do they call the boss at Old McDonald’s farm? C-I-E-I-O
22. Where’s the best place to play a rock concert? On a mountain!
23. Why couldn’t the father afford to take his kids to the classical music concert? He was Baroque.
24. How many concertmasters does it take to change a light bulb? One, but it takes four movements.
25. Neutering your pets makes them less nuts.
26. Don’t theater jokes always seem so staged?
27. New York City looks awful in the morning. But, I guess that’s because it's the “City that never sleeps.”
28. The first 5 days after the weekend are the hardest.
29. Knock, Knock Who’s there? Yoda. Yoda who?Yoda best.
30. Knock, knock Who’s there? A broken pencil who? Never mind it’s pointless.
31. Knock, knock. Who’s there? Cash. Cash who? No thanks, I’ll have some peanuts.
You’ve seen the memes on social media. Some businesses get creative with their jokes. Your digital sign could be as popular as the ones you see on the internet.
Many of these utilize puns. A pun a play on words. It can be using words in different contexts. It can also be when someone uses a word that sounds the same but has a different meaning or is spelled differently.
Utilize terms that are specific to your field to make the puns land. The best puns are the ones that follow a similar template. You set up the joke with keywords, then deliver with a word that sounds like it should fit but doesn’t mean the same thing.
If you want to come up with your own puns, you could get out a thesaurus to look for words that sound the same but mean different things.
32. Let’s get this ball rolling! (for a sport or ball-related company)
33. Out of odor. (for a fragrance product)
34. I just got a new job, and HR asked me to sign up for the 401K. I’m nervous because I don’t think I can run that far.
35. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
36. To the guy who invented zero, thanks for nothing.
37. Geology rocks, but Geography is where it's at.
38. Some aquatic mammals at the zoo escaped. It was otter chaos!
39. The Middle Ages were called the Dark Ages because there were too many knights.
40. German sausage jokes are just the wurst.
41. I bought a boat because it was for sail.
Besides the types listed above, there are many other types of humor you can use on a digital sign. These include riddles which are word puzzles people solve.
These can be fun for customers while they are waiting in line or sitting at a table waiting for their meal. You can add these to your digital signage for some extra fun.
42. Tomorrow I am surely here, yesterday I am found as well. Today I am gone. Who am I? The Letter R.
43. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Footsteps
44. What 8-letter word can have a letter taken away and still makes a word? Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word? Starting–starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I.
45. What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs? A penny.
46. David’s father has three sons: Snap, Crackle, and ____. David
47. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
48. What belongs to you, but other people use it more than you? Your name.
49. You live in a one-story house made entirely of redwood. What color would the stairs be? There are no stairs in a one-story house.
50. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I? Fire.
Loop and Digital Signage
Looking for a reliable streaming platform for your business’s digital signage needs?
Loop TV is a music video, business TV, and digital signage service, fully licensed to run your public business. The online portal allows business owners to control the on-screen messaging with ease.
If the riddles section intrigued you, Loop TV has TriviaLoop. With 8 categories, including Music, Sports, TV, Films, History, Science, Nature, Art and Literature, Geography, and Wild Card, you can keep your customers entertained with these around-the-clock non-stop multiple-choice quizzes.
Digital signage doesn’t have to be dull. Adding a sense of humor to your signs can be easy and fun!