The 50 Best Quotes for Digital Signage Displays
Digital signage works best for businesses when the digital signage content is fresh, new, and exciting. If your company or business employs digital signage displays, then you probably know that it can often be challenging to come up with fresh content to display.
Depending on your industry, you may be using digital signage as a digital menu, as a wayfinding aid, as an efficient way to optimize employee communications, as a way to display pricing for marketing purposes, and much more.
While these use cases for digital signage are critical and can have highly beneficial effects for your business, you may be looking for other ways to make your digital signage more engaging.
One of the best ways to engage with customers and employees through digital signage content is to use digital signage software to display quotes. Often, the best quotes will be inspirational quotes and motivational quotes, especially when communicating with employees and when trying to boost the morale of clients, such as gym members.
Another great source of quotes could be displaying social media posts and testimonials from satisfied customers.
Advantages of Digital Signage
One of the biggest advantages of using digital signage to share daily quotes is that you do not have to put in much work to create engaging content. Good digital signage solutions will usually provide you with integrations and templates for displaying quotes full screen on your digital signs, and there are plenty of tutorials for how to create eye-catching designs.
This means that the biggest hurdle is finding new quotes to display. Luckily, this is not a big hurdle. It is perfectly feasible that you could share a new quote of the day, using a quotes app or google searches, for a year without running out of material.
In this article, we will go over some of the best quotes you can use in your digital signage playlists to create interesting and engaging content to display on digital signage screens for customers and employees alike.
The Best Inspirational Quotes for Digital Signage
Inspirational quotes can help create a positive environment in your business or office. For example, inspirational quotes can work great in corporate environments where they can boost employee morale and inspire them to do their best work.
Gyms are another great place to share quotes. Working out takes a lot of motivation, and inspirational quotes can really improve the client experience by giving clients an extra push to reach their fitness goals. Of course, inspirational quotes are not limited to these environments and can be put to good use in restaurants, retail businesses, and much more.
1. "If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission." - Anonymous
2. "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out." - John Wooden
3. "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life--think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success." - Swami Vivekanand
4. "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
5. "Opportunities don't happen, you create them." - Chris Grosser
6. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison
7. "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley
8. "The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one's destiny to do, and then do it." - Henry Ford
9. "The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Anonymous
10. "I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams." - Oprah Winfrey
11. "If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way." - Napoleon Hill
12. "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." - Og Mandino
13. "Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marine
14. "Grit is that ‘extra something' that separates the most successful people from the rest. It's the passion, perseverance, and stamina that we must channel in order to stick with our dreams until they become a reality." - Travis Bradberry
15. "The secret of joy in work is contained in one word -- excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." - Pearl Buck
16. "The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity." - Ayn Rand
17. "The act of doing something un-does the fear." - Shonda Rhimes
18. "How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable?" - Seth Godin
19. "Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning." - Robert Kiyosaki
20. “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” - Mark Twain
21. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan
22. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” - Mary Kay Ash
23. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes―understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” - Arianna Huffington
24. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” - William W. Purkey
25. “Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers.” - Socrates
The Best Quotes to Make People Think
While motivational quotes are great for some circumstances and in some establishments, thoughtful quotes may be more appropriate for others. For example, in a dentist’s waiting room, it can greatly increase the patient experience to be exposed to thought-provoking quotes. Quotes like these can be highly entertaining, and can greatly reduce perceived waiting times.
Of course, thought-provoking quotes can help set the mood in many different types of establishments. It just depends upon which type of atmosphere you are trying to create. That being said, it's usually best to keep the quotes positive, and for that reason, the thought-provoking quotes you share can also be inspirational!
26. "Problems come about when we try to direct the flow of the universe rather than allow it to reveal its own design. Inherent in that design is a love for all living things.” - Marianne Williamson.
27. "Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” - James Arthur Baldwin.
28. "I learned that accepting others and accepting myself are two sides of the same coin; you can't love and accept yourself without doing the same for others." - Steve Pavlina.
29. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw.
30. "When the winds of life are pushing you back, that's when you push forward the hardest." - Yvonne Pierre.
31. "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced." - Soren Kierkegaard.
32. "Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?" - Hunter S. Thompson.
33. "If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes." - Andrew Carnegie
34. "If you aren't grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more." - Roy T. Bennett.
35. "You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life." - Albert Camus.
36. "Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." - Gautam Buddha.
37. "I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; Yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul." - Og Mandino.
38. "Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
39. "If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely. If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths." - Betty Eadie.
40. "There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama.
Best Quotes for Retail Store Digital Signage
Retail stores can leverage many different types of digital signage content to increase sales. From calls to action to highlighting products that are on sale and much more, digital signage is truly the future of in-store retail marketing.
What many retail store owners and managers don’t realize is that the right type of quotes displayed in the store can really put people in a money-spending mood. Here are some quotes that can do just that:
41. “I just love to shop. If I could, I would shop every single day in every single store and spend all of my money which, you know, I do anyway.” - Ariana Grande
42. “The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.” - Erma Bombeck.
43. “Happiness is not in money, but in shopping.” - Marilyn Monroe.
44. “I love shopping. There is a little bit of magic found in buying something new. It is instant gratification, a quick fix.” - Rebecca Bloom, ‘Girl Anatomy: A Novel’.
45. “I shop, therefore I am.” - Barbara Kruger
46. "Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." - Gertrude Stein.
47. “I think they should list shopping as a cardiovascular activity. My heart never beats as fast as it does when I see a 'reduced by 50 percent' sign.” - Sophie Kinsella, ‘Confessions Of A Shopaholic’.
48. “I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet.” - Carrie Bradshaw, ‘Sex And The City’.
49. “Shopping is a bit of a relaxing hobby for me, which is sometimes troubling for the bank balance.” - Rebecca Hall.
50. “I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.” - Tammy Faye Bakker.
Creating High Impact Digital Signage Content with Quotes
As you can see, there are so many different types of quotes that you can choose from when filling your digital signage playlist with content. Of course, you don’t just want to share any quote that you find. That's why it is important that you have a process for choosing the right quotes for your business.
The process is fairly simple but it should not be taken lightly since the quotes you share can have a great impact on the customer experience, and you want to make sure that the quotes you share align with your brand identity.
When creating all types of digital signage, it is important that you have a good grasp of what your brand identity is. Once you know your brand identity, you can then start to think about what your goal is by sharing quotes on your digital screens.
Do you want to put shoppers in a pensive mood? Do you want them to feel motivated and optimistic? These are the types of questions you should be asking.
Once you have decided what your goals are, you can then start curating the quotes you will display in your store. If you initially put in some work, then the payoff can be truly great.